Pages

30 September 2015

Recipe | Honey Chicken

Hey guys!

I've found it really hard to find good recipes that fit my criteria. Given my recently discovered intolerance to milk and salicylates, I've needed to find meals that are:

- Healthy
- Low in salicylates
- Low in milk
- Low cholesterol
- Are easy to make
- Preferably can be made by shoving everything into one pot then chucking it into the oven

So given the strict criteria meals must fall under, it's safe to say I've had a hard time finding good recipes. Over the past week, I've tried out three recipes, which I will be sharing in a three-part blog series.

Today, I will be sharing a recipe I have found for Honey Chicken. I was really happy that this recipe turned out well, because whenever I go to a Chinese restaurant, I will always order Honey Chicken, so it was really nice to be able to make it myself. This recipe is possibly one of the easiest things I have ever made!

YOU WILL NEED:
Serves 3
- 1 chicken breast
- 4-8 tablespoons of honey
- Seasame seeds

  1. Cut the chicken into biggish chunks
  2. Work out how you want to cook your chicken. You can either put it on a tray, or into a casserole dish. I went with a tray, but in hindsight, I probably should have used a small casserole dish, because the honey leaked out of the foil packaged and exploded in my oven.
  3. The next step is to coat the chicken in sesame seeds, and then bake the chicken for around 40 minutes until it is entirely cooked.
And that's it! I said it was easy!

If you have any good recipes that are that quick and easy, leave a comment and let me know!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment