Pages

15 March 2015

Sydney 2014 | Day 3 - Opera House & Bondi Beach

Today was quite a busy day. We woke up quite early and caught a bus to Circular Quay. We started the day with a coffee from Starbucks. This was the first time I had ever been to Starbucks, and it was definitely one of the best coffees I have had (I say coffee, but it was actually a Frappuccino). I had a Strawberries and Cream Frappuccino, and I loved it!

We walked to the Opera House, and we spent ten minutes trying to figure out how to get in. A staff member gave us completely wrong directions (or maybe we were just bad at following instructions). We went on the tour and it was amazing. I cannot describe it, it was just amazing. I learnt so much about the history of the Opera House. If you are in Sydney, then you definitely have to take this tour.

After the tour we caught the bus to Bondi Beach. Bondi Beach was not at all what I expected it to be like. I was quite disappointed with it. It was incredibly busy, and I definitely prefer quieter beaches. If you have never been to Bondi, the best way I can describe it is that it is where cool trendy people hang out, and as I am neither cool nor trendy, I really did not fit in.

We had lunch at a restaurant called the Vue Bar. I liked the restaurant itself, I liked all the quotes written on the walls in the stairwell, but overall I didn’t really think it was anything particularly special. We had the Chicken Meat Tapas and the Seafood Paella Seafood Tapas. It was very expensive for the small meals, but I suppose that is what tapas is. We were also charged $7 for a jug of tap water, which I thought was strange as tap water is free at every other restaurant. It was quite nice, but I probably wouldn’t go back to the Vue Bar again.

We returned back to our hotel, and went for a swim. The pool facilities in the Radisson were gorgeous. There was a pool, sauna and spa, and these were all incredibly clean, very quiet, and were just beautiful.


We then got ready to go out to dinner. We went to Jamie Oliver’s Italian Restaurant, which was conveniently opposite our hotel. I cannot remember what we ordered, but the food was delicious. We also had fantastic customer service. The food was also very cheap, but very good quality. I was amazed that a bread basket, which was quite large, only cost $1.50!! I loved this restaurant, and next time I’m in Sydney I’d definitely want to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment