Pages

15 March 2015

Sydney 2014 | Day 2 - Aquarium & Watson's Bay

Day 2 was a very busy day in Sydney. We woke up quite early, and headed out to Max Brenner’s in the Met Centre for breakfast. We had chocolate crepes and chocolate waffles, which were incredibly delicious. The only negative about breakfast was the quality of customer service we received, as the staff were not particularly friendly. Nonetheless, we enjoyed the food, and that was what we went there to have.

We then walked to the Sea Life Aquarium in Darling Harbour. Darling Harbour was gorgeous. It reminded me a lot of the harbour in Port Douglas. The aquarium was fantastic. It was rather busy, but I think this was probably because it was a Saturday. I particularly loved the penguins (they were so fluffy!!), and the dugongs. I love dugongs! My mum was really confused as to why I liked the dugongs so much, but I just think they have such cute faces!

When we left the aquarium, we caught a ferry from Darling Harbour to Circular Quay, where we then got a connecting ferry to Watson’s Bay. I really enjoyed the ferry trip, because on the Gold Coast we do not have ferries, and I had not been on a ferry since I was a child.

I really loved Watson’s Bay. I like to describe it as “something out of Cry Baby”, because it looks like a little 1950s beach town. At a recommendation of a friend, we ate lunch in a lovely little place called Doyle’s on the Wharf. It was a nice little takeaway fish and chip shop. It was very crowded, and it was difficult to order because people waiting for food were queueing up in the line where you are meant to order, but it was definitely well worth the wait. We had Salt & Pepper Squid, and Half Lobster Mornay. Both of these we had chips with. This was the first time I had ever had lobster, and although there is not actually a lot of the meat on the lobster, I did really enjoy the taste. The fish and chip shop had quite big portions, which impressed me, because I thought it was really good for the decent price.


We returned to Circular Quay and caught a bus back to our hotel. We had another quiet night in the hotel room, playing cards and Five Nights at Freddy’s (best app ever).

No comments:

Post a Comment