Pages

16 November 2014

Easy Cheesecake

Hello everybody!

Cheesecake! I love cheesecake! I always buy the frozen variety from the supermarket which is gone in nearly a day. I found this recipe by Nigella for a Nutella cheesecake. I love Nutella, and I love cheesecake, so I thought I'd give this a try. It worked fantastically! It tasted amazing and was super easy to make.

The link to the original recipe is here. I made quite a few changes to my cheesecake so I will explain those now.

In the cheesecake I made, I used:
- 250g shortbread biscuits (Aldi didn't have any digestive biscuits at the time, so I had to improvise)
- 75g soft butter (make sure it is soft, it will be a nightmare if it has just come out of the fridge!)
- 1 jar of Nutella
- 500g cream cheese (it didn't specify what sort, so I used light. It worked well, but would probably be more solid if you used the full-fat kind)
- Around 80g of icing sugar (I used the recommended 60g, but it looked a bit too runny, so I added a bit more. Probably stick to 60g if yours works fine)

Firstly I put the 250g of shortbread biscuits into one of those sealable plastic sandwich bags. I then hit it with a rolling pin to crush them. Next I poured the biscuits into a bowl, and combined with the butter and a tablespoon of Nutella (You're supposed to crush the biscuits and combine in a food processor. Mine was far too small, but a rolling pin and a fork works just as well). The mixture should look like chocolate biscuit mixture. It was very difficult to avoid eating the whole lot.

Next I greased and lined a round springform cake tin, poured the biscuit mixture in, and pressed it down with my hand to form a base. It was quite hard to do with a spoon. Next the recipe said to place into the fridge to chill, but it did not specify how long. I left mine for an hour and it was set quite nicely.

The third step was to beat the cream cheese, Nutella and icing sugar together. Like I said before, I added a bit more icing sugar to mine to thicken it up. Then I poured this mixture on top of the biscuit base and smoothed it over, and chilled it for around 3 and a half hours (my mum did not want to wait the full 4 hours to eat it). After the first hour, I sprinkled some biscuit crumbs over the top of the mixture (the recipe says hazelnut - Aldi had none of these either). I waited for an hour because I thought they might sink into the cheesecake.

After waiting 3 and a half hours, I finally took it out of the fridge and it looked and tasted amazing!


If you make this cheesecake, please send me a picture on Twitter or Instagram using #cupcakestallbaking

No comments:

Post a Comment